Monday, November 7, 2011

My Art Proposal Went Unanswered

Secretary of State
595 S State St # 5, Elgin, IL 60123-7687


Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a local artist, and I am writing regarding an art project that I would like  propose. I would like to do a performance piece about the need for  driving safety.

I would like to do this piece in front of the motor vehicle building. I plan to collect large amounts of road kill and put them in a pile to remind people that driving too fast can have dire consequences.

I would hand select the road kill, taking all hygenic precautions, so there would be no work involved by you.

I would just like permission to use the building as the location for my piece/art installation.
This would only last one day and I would then remove the carcasses.

Thank you very much for your consideration.  I hope to hear favorably regarding this idea.
Kind regards,

Diane Keys

REPLY


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice idea. This would sensitize someone for shure.

John M. Bennett said...

Even more wonderful!

Unknown said...

spoke too soon--got this response today. Looks like this got forwarded from the local Elgin office, to the Office of the Secretary of State in Chicago IL. It says:
Dear Ms. Keys:

We are in receipt of your letter sent to the Elgin Secretary of State's Office regarding your proposed art project. While driver safety is Secretary of State Jesse White's top priority, we are unable to accommodate your request.
Respectfully,

Irene Lyons
General Counsel

Dark wall said...

TOTALLY FAB!

- DKULTNY

De Villo Sloan said...

They turned it over to their General Counsel? Isn't that a lawyer? Those DMV types are going to get defensive when you talk about roaDKill. They don't want anyone drawing attention to that.

DKULTNY

Skybridge Studios said...

Maybe the Geico gecko would sponsor an exhibit like this.

Kate said...

Diane, this is brilliant!