Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13, 2012

   
Fischer Nuts
Attn: Public Relations Dept.
1703 North Randall Road 
Elgin, IL 60123

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a local artist and am seeking your help for an upcoming art project of mine.

In the hope of raising awareness regarding the pervasive problem of compulsive hoarding and overconsumption, I am planning an art installation utilizing large quantities of acorns.

I learned that squirrels only find 10 percent of the food they hide. This does not stop them from compulsively collecting and hiding their booty. Thus, I have concluded that squirrels are natural hoarders.

It is my proposal to create an outdoor exhibit in which a large pile of acorns stand side by side with a pile of 10% of the original pile. I would also put a very large paper mache statue of a greedy squirrel. A banner would read, “Don’t collect more than you need!”

I am asking for Fischer Nuts to sponsor my public art display, by donating 100 pounds of acorns or other any other nuts.

I feel this would be a worthwhile endeavor for you, as it would be advertising for Fischer Nuts.

I hope to hear favorably regarding your involvement in this cutting edge art.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Diane Keys
407 S. Liberty Street
Elgin, IL 60120

cc:      Hoarders Anonymous
    P.O. Box 250008
    Franklin, MI 48025


2 comments:

kdj said...

HA!HA!HA!
Um, are acorns a big seller for Fisher Nuts? I'm thinking they've probably got about as many acorns as you do. Now walnuts, there's a nut Fisher could get on board with. And they're so much bigger than acorns.

Unknown said...

You're right KDJ-they might not sell acorns but I've asked for any kind they will give me. I will be completely shocked if they even respond.