Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Art Proposal inspired by Dear Kate

11/16/11

United Airlines
Corporate Headquarters
77 W. Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a local artist and I am writing in regards to an art project that I would like to propose to United Airlines. This would be a combination of art exhibit and installation.

Since the Wright Brothers were first inspired by turkey vultures, mankind has been obsessed with the idea of flight.

To honor this, I am collecting hand turkey drawings from all around the world.  Each contributor is writing what the possibility of flight means to them. Some responses so far have been, “airplane”, “flying”, and “unicorn”.  Responses have come from all around the world, such as, Thailand, South Africa, and Elgin, IL.

I would like to display the artwork along with a large, 100 pound pile of turkey vulture feathers. I would also like to have a stuffed turkey vulture as the centerpiece. This way the artwork would fan out as though it were an extension of the actual feathers.

I would love to be able to have this exhibit in a United Airlines venue. Your support would mean a lot.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Diane Keys
407 South Liberty Street
Elgin, IL  60120

UNITED REPLIES!!!!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I think you are a comic genius.

John M. Bennett said...

Hey, this is great! they just might take you up on it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate. JB, that would be amazing if they did. I'd have to enlist the help of some other mail artists to make that happen. Going to think of some more weird letters to write today:)

De Villo Sloan said...

DKULTNY says hello Kate. This is genius but not comic. We believe DK is a serious artist. This could be an important installation/performance piece. I mean, geez, with Fluxus a bunch Lithuanians pour kegs of beer in a grand piano, misspell Fluxus as Luxus and it's in art history books. In America, anything is possible.

- DKULTNY