Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweet Art Proposal


February 16, 2012

C&H Sugar Company, Inc.
Consumer Affairs
830 Loring Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525

Dear Sir/Madam:

Hello. My name is Diane Keys, and I am an artist living in Chicago, IL.  I am writing regarding an art proposal I have in mind.

It is my desire to create the world’s largest sugar cube igloo. As the popular ad campaign goes, “America Runs on Dunkin’”—which means…sugar!

I am humbly asking your permission to erect my structure in front of your building. I request you donate 500,000 sugar cube and generous amounts of confectioner’s sugar (the mortar will be a combination of egg whites and powdered sugar).  I will pitch a tent to stay in while I am making this granular creation. I am hoping it will break the world record, or at least look really cool.

I feel this will give your company great publicity and will hopefully put me on the map in the art world.

I thank you for your time and consideration  and look forward to a favorable response from you.

Sincerely yours,

Diane Keys
407 S. Liberty Street
Elgin, IL  60120

p.s. I would also need you to reimburse me for travel expenses to and from your locale.

3 comments:

Angie said...

When you start feeling worn out, you can lick the walls. Delicious idea!

Unknown said...

LOL, wanna come help?

marie said...

Diane, thank you for your message. I would like to reply but since I left IUOMA I can't use the reply function anymore. If you want you can leave me one line at wintzerma@yahoo.it.
taKe Kare