Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweet Art Proposal


February 16, 2012

C&H Sugar Company, Inc.
Consumer Affairs
830 Loring Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525

Dear Sir/Madam:

Hello. My name is Diane Keys, and I am an artist living in Chicago, IL.  I am writing regarding an art proposal I have in mind.

It is my desire to create the world’s largest sugar cube igloo. As the popular ad campaign goes, “America Runs on Dunkin’”—which means…sugar!

I am humbly asking your permission to erect my structure in front of your building. I request you donate 500,000 sugar cube and generous amounts of confectioner’s sugar (the mortar will be a combination of egg whites and powdered sugar).  I will pitch a tent to stay in while I am making this granular creation. I am hoping it will break the world record, or at least look really cool.

I feel this will give your company great publicity and will hopefully put me on the map in the art world.

I thank you for your time and consideration  and look forward to a favorable response from you.

Sincerely yours,

Diane Keys
407 S. Liberty Street
Elgin, IL  60120

p.s. I would also need you to reimburse me for travel expenses to and from your locale.

3 comments:

Cogi Feet 365 said...

When you start feeling worn out, you can lick the walls. Delicious idea!

Diane Keys said...

LOL, wanna come help?

marie said...

Diane, thank you for your message. I would like to reply but since I left IUOMA I can't use the reply function anymore. If you want you can leave me one line at wintzerma@yahoo.it.
taKe Kare